Kate O'Brien

Saturday, November 01, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 begins!

Mood - positive :)
Word Count: 1650

Well, I have signed up to NaNoWriMo once more and as it served me well in 2011 with a first draft of Driftwood & Amethyst, my first children's novel, I have taken the plunge again. I try to write most days to be fair, yet this last two months have been decidedly sketchy in the writing department and I knew something had to give. New work commitments, a school change or two (while on the supply wagon) and the adoption of two rather giddy puppies have done nothing to help my already full and happy existence - no complaints though! I have been slowly developing my second children's novel since 2012 - two years and I'm still only half way through a rather woolly first draft - and need a kick up the proverbial.

I've never involved myself in writing groups but have heard this can be beneficial - not knowing many writers myself, I rely on friends' children to read my material then offer feedback which is always brutally honest (!) but I'm now starting to yearn for adult feedback and also just be able to kick back with a few writers who can appreciate the need to stay in and happily write late in to the night. Not quite a hermit yet, but not far off!

Sheffield Uni are hosting the NaNoWriMo meets this month and so I'll be popping off there shortly to see what's going on there.

Wish me luck - any fellow South Yorkshire NaNoWriMo participants going? I may see you there :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please follow my blog and leave your comments ✌️

Recent Blog Post

Is it my ME or could it be something else? We follow the clues ...

  Life has thrown a few sticks of dynamite my way again. But by overdoing it one night my flare-ups are consistent in terms of time but I’m ...

Labels