Kate O'Brien

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Monday 10th January

Today’s Challenge: To take boys to school – across the road then round the corner. Sad but true.
¯Jumped up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head ¯– got the boys fed and watered, washed and dressed, teeth clean etc etc etc. That Paul McCartney led a charmed life - bet his mornings are rarely like mine!
When we were good to go, I realised I was almost hyperventilating at the thought of taking the boys to school. Life is so different now, but with a little grim determination I hope it will one day be better. I still have to whizz my little red scooter to school, but today parked it a good twenty steps away from the entrance and used my crutches the rest of the way. The endorphins pumping, I managed to watch Max write about his weekend (three sentences with wow words – he’s diarising his life already) then take Harry down to class where he announced he was having a packed lunch (not school dinner as he has done since September) and proudly revealed his Ben 10 lunchbag  containing four packets of Hula Hoops, two cartons of apple juice and a Dairy Milk bar. What could I do?
My physio session was a struggle so I'm ashamed to say I was a little less enthusiastic and just got through it today. No real achievement there, as I'm sure I'd run out of steam after the school run. Tragic.
After Hydrotherapy, I popped in to school and adjusted Harry’s lunch to include a ham sandwich, cheesy dipper and Frube yoghurt tube (Shrek – his favourite) and lightened him of his chocolate and Hula Hoop stash. Not quite the lunch he planned, but I’ll give him full marks for effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please follow my blog and leave your comments ✌️

Recent Blog Post

Is it my ME or could it be something else? We follow the clues ...

  Life has thrown a few sticks of dynamite my way again. But by overdoing it one night my flare-ups are consistent in terms of time but I’m ...

Labels